St. Edmund's - Great Whale River, Nunavik
The northern Inuit village of Kuujjuarapik is located east of Hudson Bay on Great Whale River. Principle access to the community is by air. The population is about 630 and the principle languages spoken are Inuktitut, English and Cree. The word "Kuujjuarapik" means "the little big river" in Inuktitut.

Kuujjuarapik has the special distinction of having four names. The community is known by its Inuit name, Kuujjuarapik, by the Cree name of Whapmagoostui, by the French name of Poste-de-la-baleine and by the English name of Great Whale River. The incorporation of the community in 1980 brought about the official adoption of the name Kuujjuarapik.

The Hudson's Bay Company set up a trading post close to the actual site of Kuujjuarapik in the middle of the 18th century. An Anglican mission was established in 1882. The second synod (unconstituted) of the Diocese of the Arctic was held here in 1967.
Rev. Tom & Marianne Martin

St. Philip's Church - Sanikiluaq (outstation)

During the 1960s, two communities existed in the islands: North Camp, where the trading post was located, and South Camp, where the school was built. The community of Sanikiluaq was not established until 1971, when the federal government centralized its services and moved the buildings and inhabitants of South Camp to North Camp. Today, Sanikiluaq is a growing, modern settlement whose economy is based on subsistence hunting, fishing, tourism and soapstone carving.

St. Philip's Anglican Church was built in 1975 and is an outstation to St. Edmund's Church in Great Whale River.