Church of The Resurrection - Ulukhaktok, Northwest Territories

The traditional name for Holman is "Uluqsaqtuua (where there is copper). Holman is located on Kings Bay and Queens Bay on the western side of Victoria Island. There are approximately 423 people living in the community. The community is accessible by air from Inuvik and bulk supplies and food are barged in during the summer. The languages spoken in the community are Inuinnaqtun and English.

An outstation was established in 1959 and a mission station was established in 1962. A church was built in 1965. This parish currently has no resident clergy, however, the Regional Dean, Rev. Capt. David Parsons visits on a regular basis.

Some area photos!

holman1.jpgholman2.jpg